Basic Banking Products & Services:
Banking, being an authorised financial intermediary between the Depositors (with excess money to save) and the Borrower (we is in need of financial support), has the basic fundamental functions of “accepting the deposits from the public for the purpose of lending or investment”.
With the above, it is clear that one of the main functions of the banking is accepting the deposits (interest bearing and non-interest bearing) from public as a main source of funds. Maiwand Bank has designed and offers various deposit schemes for the public to invest their excess savings.
Deposits are broadly divided into:
I. Demand deposits: Theses deposits are accepted from the public and repayable on demand by withdrawing the same through the different delivery channels (cheques, drafts, withdrawals, transfers, ATM and Internet banking and any other mode) provided by the bank. And these demand deposits are further bifurcated into:
II. Time Deposits / Term Deposits / Fixed Deposits: These types of deposit accounts are aimed to resource the long time funds from the public, who may not have immediate cash requirements. These deposits are accepted for a certain fixed time or term which will be repayable after the expiry of the period so fixed. Since these deposits remain in the bank for a longer time than the demand deposits for the purpose of long term investments, Maiwand bank offers attractive interest rates with more safety and security of the customer’s funds.
- Accounts can be opened by individuals & joint holders.
- Proprietor, Partnership firms
- Private & Public Limited Liability companies
- Education & health institutes and any other organizations.
- Non-profit and Non-Government organizations, clubs, societies and associations.
- Minors below 18 years of age, can open along with their natural / legal guardian and the account could be operated by the guardian only for the benefit of minors.
- Customer identification (for individuals Tazkara / passport and TIN Numbers)
- For other type of customers viz firms, companies and social and non-government, non-profit organisations.
- Copy of license for conducting the business from the concerned authorities.
- Registration certificate of the organisation
- Bye-laws and constitutions of the organisation.
- Board resolution / management decision to open account
- Tazkaras / passports of the persons authorised to open and operate the account.
- TIN number (Afghanistan Tax Index Number).
- Introduction letter from any existing customer.
- Accounts will be opened in AFS, USD, GBP and EURO.
- Fixed Deposit Receipt will be issued to the depositor and the same has to be surrendered on the maturity for withdrawing the amount.
- No cheque books will be provided for withdrawals.
- However, in case of need, customer can withdraw the amount in fixed deposit prior to the due date of maturity. In that case the interest will be paid at 1 % less than the applicable rate for which the deposits remain with the bank.
- But if the FD is closed before maturity for the purpose of renewing for further period, then the penal interest clause will not be applicable.
- Fixed Deposits will be accepted for a minimum period 3 months and no maximum limit on the period. However currently fixed deposits will be accepted for a maximum period of 5 years and the same could be renewed for a further period as per the requirement and instructions of the custom.